Join Our Amazing Team
Pre-K Teaching Assistant
Clark Fork School is looking for an energetic teacher to be an assistant in our 2-3-year-old pre-K classroom. We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic educator to further our mission of fostering a sense of wonder for community and the natural world in students. We are also seeking someone enthusiastic about helping children through the toilet training process! This position includes being our Before-Care teacher, which includes helping students aged 2-years-old through Kindergarten age have a peaceful and fun start to their day.
- Genuinely listen to students and react with care and compassion.
- Assist the lead teacher in activity prep, clean-up, and the teaching of the day's theme.
- Demonstrate a passion for nature place-based education.
- Assist lead teacher in supervision and behavior management.
- Assist lead teacher in the toilet training process.
- Lead our Before-Care program.
- Comply with all CFS policies and procedures.
- Treat children with dignity and respect.
- Communicate, collaborate, and cooperate with colleagues, supervisors, students, and parents.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the educator to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Standing for long periods of time, walking, hiking, reaching, bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting, talking, hearing, visual acuity, significant time spent outdoors in all temperatures, lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field, or two years’ experience in a licensed childcare setting.
- Background in nature education strongly preferred.
- Respect for nature, a love for children, and a caring demeanor is a must!
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume that highlights your educational experience. Applications without a thorough cover letter will not be considered. Position begins on 8/20/18. Position is open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time; Monday-Friday 7:45am-3:00pm.
Salary: $9.00 to $10.50/hour
Experience: Educational: 2 years in educational setting
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Clark Fork School has a policy that every person has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. CFS hires, promotes, transfers, terminates, and makes all other employment related decisions without unlawful consideration of an employee's race, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age, or national origin, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or Federal law.
We are hiring substitute teachers to help with our academic and after-school programs for students aged 2 years old through 5th grade. We use a place-based curriculum to integrate learning with community and spend a lot of time outside! Most subbing assignments are for partial-days, making this a great opportunity for someone looking for part-time work!
Degree in education, child development, or related field and/or experience working with children preferred. High school diploma required.
Clark Fork School has a policy that every person has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. CFS hires, promotes, transfers, terminates, and makes all other employment related decisions without unlawful consideration of an employee's race, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age, or national origin, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or Federal law.