Join Our Amazing Team
Clark Fork School is Missoula’s natural alternative for early childhood education. Our progressive, parent-guided co-op offers small classes, a nature-based curriculum taught by exceptional educators, and a commitment to each child’s social and emotional development.
Since 1984, we have been championing parent involvement, collective decision making, cooperation, and respect. These principles continue to guide the growth and operations of CFS. We are seeking a passionate leader and community champion to act as Executive Director to carry these values and our school into the future. Applicants must have a deep commitment to high-quality early childhood education, nature, and community.
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete job description can be found here: CFS Executive Director
Applications are due by April 30, 2018. The position will be open until filled.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Promote harmonious and constructive relationships among and between CFS students, families, teachers, staff and board.
- Work with the board to ensure smooth working relations and striving to achieve the best interests of Clark Fork School, including building a diverse board with needed talents.
- Collaborate with the Board, staff and teachers regarding all aspects of the programs at CFS to ensure consistency with the current bylaws and mission statement of the school and the policies set by the Board.
- Develop and implement long-term strategic plan and annual operational plan.
- Oversee the selection, employment and development of capable and qualified staff.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Oversee operational, staff and supply expenditures for compliance with annual budget.
- Supervise all matters relating to the operation and maintenance of the school.
- Ensure compliance with all licensing, accreditation and all applicable regulations, including all teacher and staff certifications.
- Guide development and growth of school programs in collaboration with staff, teachers and the Board.
- Ensure the development of policies and procedures necessary for effective, consistent, and reliable functioning of CFS curricula.
- Identify and participate in outreach opportunities to promote all CFS programs in the community.
- Maintain and nurture key relationships with community members and sponsors.
- Participate in fundraising as spokesperson for the school.
- Advise the Board with respect to CFS fundraising and development needs and support the Fundraising committee in all their efforts.
- Play a pivotal role in all aspects of the fundraising plan, including potential grants and donors and by building and maintaining valued relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience and education
- Previous work experience in early childhood education.
- Prior experience supervising staff, with preference to working with educators
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with staff, board, parents and community
- Self-motivated and ability to work as a team player
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to resolve conflict effectively
- Attention to detail while able to maintain global perspective
- Knowledge of and passion for Clark Fork School’s mission
We are hiring substitute teachers to help with our academic and after-school programs for students aged 2 years old through 5th grade. We use a place-based curriculum to integrate learning with community and spend a lot of time outside! Most subbing assignments are for partial-days, making this a great opportunity for someone looking for part-time work!
Degree in education, child development, or related field and/or experience working with children preferred. High school diploma required.
Clark Fork School has a policy that every person has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. CFS hires, promotes, transfers, terminates, and makes all other employment related decisions without unlawful consideration of an employee's race, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age, or national origin, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or Federal law.