Here's this week's glimpse into what's happening in our Kids-Niche Programs! These feature lessons, activities, and saunters from a different classroom each week.
Today's feature: Shooting Stars Pasta Collaboration
Each month, the Shooting Stars collaborate with the Kinnikinnick First-Graders to do a cooking project. In March, we made fresh pasta! It was a fun, multi-step process. First, we collected eggs from the resident chickens here at school. Next, we made the dough using just three simple ingredients- flour, eggs, and olive oil! With the help of our teachers, we rolled out the dough over and over again, eventually turning it into Fettuccine. We embellished our final product with just a little salt, pepper, and olive oil- it was so tasty!
- Learn how to make pasta from scratch
- Explore the textures of flour and dough with our hands
- Learn about the food chain- we used eggs from our chickens!
- Learn to use cooking tools, including a pasta maker
- Practice patience, and learn to feel excited for our peers when it is their turn