Our 2017 Annual Auction will be on March 4, 2017!
As part of our commitment to our children and our community, Clark Fork School hosts an annual fundraising auction. The 2017 Clark Fork School Auction is coming up on Saturday, March 4.
Buy Tickets here or in the CFS office.
Last year’s auction raised $16,000 to support the Clark Fork School Scholarship Fund and set up a retirement fund for our incredible teachers.
This year, our goal is to raise $16,000. Of that, $10,000 will go to student scholarships to ensure that more members of the Missoula community are able to give their kids the benefits of a Clark Fork School education, regardless of their ability to pay. The remaining $6,000 will support the Clark Fork School General Fund, which is used to finance the myriad miscellaneous needs and projects that keep CFS running.
- When: Saturday, March 4 from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: The University Ballroom at the University Center – a new, bigger venue!
- What: Dinner by UM Catering, beer by Big Sky Brewing, wine from the Red Bird, Mayor Engen playing emcee, live and silent auctions, music, dancing, and merriment with the Clark Fork School community.
- Theme: CFS Forever Young: 80s and 90s Prom. Upcycle your old flannels or bubble-sleeve dresses! It’s time to party like it’s 1999 (or 1989) with friends who remember what it was like the first time around. It wouldn’t be Prom without dancing to all the throwback music we know and love!
FREE EVENT NIGHT CHILDCARE
Available at Clark Fork School from 4:30 until 9:30 for kids age two and older whose parents are attending the auction – that goes for guests, too. Kids will enjoy games, movies, and playing with their buddies. Free pizza will be served at 5:15 p.m. Infants in arms are welcome at the event.
CFS FAMILY PARTICIPATION DETAILS
We need your help to make this year’s event as successful as those in years past! All CFS families are asked to contribute and there are a number of ways to participate.
- Donate an auction item. Solicit your favorite local business or donate an item. We ask that each family’s auction contribution total approximately $50. Restaurant gift certificates, beauty and spa services, kids’ activities and camp vouchers, local brewery gift cards, and outdoor gear have been especially popular in years past. If you need more information, don’t hesitate to email the Auction Committee at email@example.com.
- Recruit a corporate sponsor. If you own or work for a business that would be interested in being an auction sponsor, please contact Marcia.
- Help with a classroom auction item. The classroom projects are time-intensive and extra help is appreciated. Talk to your child’s teacher if you want to help. If you contribute at least five hours of time and/or a monetary contribution to supplies, it can count in lieu of an auction item donation or solicitation.
- A few important notes about auction solicitation:
- Live auction items help raise even more funds for CFS! Items we’ve received in the past have included photography packages, guided fishing and rafting trips, and the use of ski condos and summer homes.
- Please sign up before you solicit businesses. A list of businesses that have donated in the past few years will be posted outside Marcia’s office. Check the list before soliciting and add your name to any businesses you plan to approach so that they won’t be hit up more than once. Feel free to add to our list!
- Intro letters and donation receipts will be provided to you. Copies are also available outside Marcia’s office, along with donation receipts.
- The auction item donation deadline is Monday, February 27. There’s always a last-minute rush, and our volunteers truly appreciate those who can turn in items before the deadline.
- Buy tickets and bring friends and family to the event! Tickets cost $30 each or four for $100. You’ll also earn two free parent volunteer hours for each guest you bring to the auction. Buy tickets in the CFS office or online through the auction website. You can also have your ticket cost added to your monthly tuition invoice.
- Think big! If you solicit either a live auction item or event sponsorship of $500 or more, you’ll get ten parent volunteer hours in return.
- Volunteer! We’ll need parent volunteers to assist with event-day tasks. Please email Erin Stoner if you’re interested in volunteering, and keep an eye out for an email closer to the event with more details about volunteer jobs. You’ll earn parent hours for your help!
In addition to raising money for our school, the annual Clark Fork School Auction is a celebration of our community and the friends we have made through CFS. We want as many families to attend as possible, so if the cost of tickets is prohibitive, please contact Marcia.
Please join us on March 4 to celebrate Clark Fork School, our kids, and all that we have accomplished together!
Marcia Brownlee and the Auction Committee
A huge thank you to our 2017 Auction Sponsors. We could not do it without you!
Mountain Lion Level Sponsors
Canada Lynx Level Sponsors